Founded in 2001 by Anna Detheridge, an author, curator and scholar of the visual arts, Connecting Cultures is a non-profit research agency that promotes sustainability through art and design. Headquartered in Milano, Connecting Cultures has a rich history of curating cultural projects throughout Italy.
What We Do
- Build awareness around the complex theme of sustainability.
- Promote sustainability in local communities through art and culture.
- Inspire local communities to become active citizens.
- Spread empowering ideas of social and cultural inclusiveness through art and design.
We Do This by:
- Conducting interdisciplinary research
- Publishing papers and books on sustainability, the visual arts, and cultural policies
- Offering educational courses
- Curating exhibitions and cultural projects
- Organizing conferences, seminars, workshops, and other special events
Visual Arts Documentation Archive
A testament to the work of Connecting Cultures dedicated to the visual arts, education and culture since 2001. Open to the public since 2007, the Visual Arts Documentation Archive features more than 6,000 volumes on sustainability, arts, design, urban planning and urban regeneration.
The catalogue is available online and may also be accessed in person by appointment.